Thursday, August 5, 2010

ವಿಥ್ ಹೋಪ್ ಫಾರ್ ದಿ ಫ್ಯೂಚರ್.

Its been a while! ( I feel like I begin all of my posts with this line), but I'm back if only for today, to blog!

Summer vacation is in full swing! By full swing it means that I spend most of my time indoors and on the internet. At least I'm being productive! I'm studying kanji and grammar using Heisig and Genki respectively. Sometimes it feels like an uphill battle. The more I learn the more I realize that I don't know. Its fun though and everyday I feel that I'm moving towards where I need to be before I leave.

Yesterday I went to the pool with heather, elodie and jennifer. It was fun! The pool was only about 5 feet deep though and sorta crowded so swimming was really hard. Most of the time we just chilled out on the side and watched people. It was really interesting though because a group of japanese boys were somewhat following us and would randomly say things in english. I guess that sort of thing happens alot to foreign girls though.

Ooh but the main reason I wanted to write this post was because I was looking at the Avatar: Last Airbender artbook (DO WANT HINT HINT) and I really realized what I want to do with my life. (LOL WTF)

I mean, ever since I was small I always watched disney and animated movies with awe and wonder. I remember watching the sailor moon anime and loving it because of its wonderful art style. I think animation is totally a field that I want to be in. Not just any old animation but 2D traditional animation. There is something magical about it that 3D simply cannot capture correctly.

Its very interesting reading art books and seeing what really goes on behind the finished product. I'm always amazed and feel moved just a little closer to where I want to be.

But then again I realize that I suck at working hard to achieve my goals. I really want to progress and create a porfolio, but I seem to just sit around and think about it instead of actually getting up to go do it. That is something that I need to change.

Since I have wayyyy too much free time here in japan I'm going to try and draw and complete one thing a week. I think I do better when I put myself on deadlines. My deadline for this year is to learn all 2000joyo kanji and for the most part finish reading all of my japanese text books. I think its doable to an extent. I'll figure it out.

Anyway tonight I'm going to a host club with my friends!

Oh /random/ I think my camera is dying. Its having a hard time focusing and there is a string of dead pixels on its screen. IDK if I should have it sent back to the US to get fixed or what. I SAD. I think I might keep it for a bit while I'm here and if it dies buy a new one or something. I'll still have some warranty left by the time I get back to the states and am able to handle it correctly. I just hope my baby is alright. ;;

No comments:

Post a Comment